CHILLED MANGO SOUP
Cold fruit soups are the perfect refresher on a hot summer day. This soup blends sweet and savoury with fresh mangoes, yogurt, cilantro and balsamic vinegar.
Yield: Serves 8 as a starter.
July 02, 2019
- 3 large ripe mangoes
- 1 orange
- 1/2 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 2 cups homogenized milk
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- Fresh cilantro leaves*
- Peel mangoes and remove fruit from pits. Place fruit in a food processor.
- Grate 1/4 tsp peel from orange. Squeeze juice from orange. Add peel, juice and ginger to food processor and purée until smooth. Transfer to a bowl.
- Stir in yogurt, milk, salt, vinegar and cilantro.
- Cover and chill for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Serve soup in cups garnished with dollops of yogurt and cilantro leaves. If soup becomes too thick, thin to desired consistency with additional milk.
145 calories, 3.1 g fat, 6 g protein, 25.5 g carbohydrate, 2.4 g fibre, 185 mg sodium
*Ingredient not included in nutritional analysis.