CHINESE VEGETABLE SOUP
This chunky vegetable soup is full of typically Chinese ingredients like water chestnuts, tofu, Chinese cabbage and ginger. Spoon it over rice for a light and healthy meal.
Yield: Serve 4.
July 02, 2019
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 3 cups shredded Chinese cabbage
- 1/2 cup diced tofu
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup sliced water chestnuts
- 1/4 cup sliced carrot
- 12 snow peas, quartered
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- Cooked short grain rice*
- Combine all ingredients except rice in a large saucepan.
- Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Ladle into soup bowls and serve with a spoonful of rice.
90 calories, 1.9 gfat, 9.3 g protein, 9.1 g carbohydrate, 1.9 g fibre, 954 mg sodium
*Ingredient not included in nutritional analysis.