CHOCOLATE CHERRY GRANOLA
There’s nothing wrong with a little bit of chocolate for breakfast. This granola combines the indulgent flavours of chocolate and dried cherries with maple syrup, rolled oats, sunflower seeds and coconut. Serve it with yogurt or dry as an on-the-go snack.
Yield: Makes 12 cups.
July 02, 2019
- 5 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup natural wheat bran
- 1 cup wheat germ
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup coconut oil or canola oil
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, sifted
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups dried cherries
- Preheat oven to 325ºF.
- Combine oats, wheat bran, wheat germ, coconut, chia seeds, sunflower seeds and sesame seeds in a large bowl; set aside.
- Combine maple syrup, coconut oil, cocoa and salt in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring frequently. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- Pour maple syrup mixture over oats mixture and stir until coated. Spread mixture in a greased large rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake, stirring once, until browned, about 25 minutes.
- Cool completely in pan on a rack.
- Stir in cherries.
- Store in an airtight container in refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. May be frozenfor up to 1 month.
129 calories, 5.8 g fat, 3.1 g protein, 18.1 g carbohydrate, 3.3 g fibre, 51 mg sodium