CHOCOLATE COOKIE CHEESECAKE BROWNIES
Not only does this dessert feature cheesecake, brownie batter and Oreo cookies, but it also cooks up on your barbecue. If you really want to take things over-the-top, serve the brownies warm with a scoop of ice cream.
Yield: Makes 48 squares
July 02, 2019
- 1 box brownie mix
- 1/2 cup oil
- 3 tbsp water
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 12 oreo cookies, quartered
- Using medium speed of an electric mixer, beat together brownie mix, oil, water, 2 eggs and 1 tsp vanilla just until blended. Spread over bottom of a greased 9x13 inch baking pan.
- Beat together cream cheese, sugar and flour until blended. Add egg and 1/2 tsp vanilla. Beat until smooth. Spoon cream cheese mixture over batter.
- Using a knife, lightly swirl cream cheese mixture through brownie batter. Sprinkle cookies over top.
- Preheat natural gas barbecue on medium heat for 10 - 15 minutes.
- Place a brick directly on grid on natural gas barbecue. Place baking pan on top of brick. Bake, with lid down, over medium heat for 35 - 40 minutes or until brownies test done. Turn pan a quarter turn every 10 - 15 minutes to ensure even cooking. Cool completely on a rack.
106 calories, 6.2 g fat, 1.3 g protein, 12.2 g carbohydrate, 0.1 g fibre, 70 mg sodium