Chocolate Dipped Strawberries
This decadent and delicious dessert is so easy to make and once dipped in chocolate, can be decorated to celebrate different occasions. As a kid-friendly activity have the kids decorate the strawberries as a fun treat for Halloween.
Food Storage: Up to 8 hours in a cool dry place or up to 1 day in the refrigerator.
Yield: Makes about 20
September 24, 2021
- 20 medium strawberries
- 1/2 cup chocolate melting wafers
- Wash and pat dry each strawberry. If desired, cut the bottoms at an angle to have the strawberries sit securely.
- Line a tray with parchment paper.
- In a double boiler or a heat-proof bowl over simmering water, melt dipping wafers. When the wafers are almost melted, turn off heat. Stir until the chocolate is completely melted.
- For each strawberry, hold by the stem and dip into the melted chocolate, turning to coat all sides. Gently shake off excess chocolate. Place dipped strawberries onto prepared tray.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until chocolate is firm. Store, layered with wax paper, in an airtight container in a cool dry place for up to 8 hours.
24 calories, 1.3 g fat, 0.3 g protein, 3.6 g carbohydrate, 0.5 g fibre, 1 mg sodium