Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Pops
Sweet, savoury , and refreshing, these chocolate peanut butter pops are a perfect treat on a hot summer day. When drizzled on ice cream and frozen, leftover chocolate sauce from this recipe hardens to form a tasty shell.
Yield: Makes 6
June 17, 2020
- 1 medium banana, sliced
- 3/4 cup well-stirred canned coconut milk
- 1 1/2 tbsp smooth peanut butter
- 1 1/2 tsp liquid honey
- Pinch salt
- 1 1/4 cups milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup unsalted blanched roasted peanuts, finely chopped
- Place banana, coconut milk, peanut butter, honey and salt in a blender; purée until smooth.
- Pour into freezer pop moulds. Freeze until firm.
- To prepare chocolate sauce, combine chocolate and coconut oil in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave, uncovered, on high (100% power), stirring frequently, until mixture is smooth, about 1 – 1 1/2 minutes. Cool to room temperature, stirring occasionally.
- Chocolate sauce may be prepared to this point and refrigerated for up to 2 weeks. Bring to room temperature and stir before using.
- Pour chocolate sauce into a tall glass; set aside.
- Place peanuts in a pie plate; set aside.
- Remove freezer pop moulds from freezer and run under warm water. This helps loosen popsicles.
- Remove popsicles from moulds.
- Working with one popsicle at a time, dip into chocolate sauce, shaking off excess. Roll popsicles in peanuts.
- Place popsicles onto parchment paper-lined trays. Freeze for 10 – 20 minutes or until chocolate sauce is firm.
407 calories, 34.4 g fat, 8.1 g protein, 24.4 g carbohydrate, 4 g fibre, 63 mg sodium