CHOCOLATE TOFFEE PIZZA
For something fun and different, try making a dessert pizza at your next birthday party or get-together. This one has a chocolate crust and is topped with a vanilla icing “sauce,” crushed toffee chocolate bars and sprinkles.
Yield: Serves 8.
July 02, 2019
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup icing sugar
- 3 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup salted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups whipping cream
- 3 tbsp icing sugar
- 3/4 tsp vanilla
- 2 butter toffee chocolate bars (39 g each), coarsely crushed
- 2 tbsp chocolate syrup
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- To prepare crust, combine flour, 1/3 cup icing sugar, cocoa and salt in a bowl. Mixing by hand with a rubber spatula or wooden spoon, add butter and stir until a soft dough forms.
- Shape dough into a ball. Using floured hands, press dough evenly onto an ungreased cookie sheet to form a 10 inch round.
- Bake until firm, about 15 - 17 minutes. Cool crust completely on cookie sheet on a rack.
- Meanwhile, using medium speed of an electric mixer, beat cream, 3 tbsp icing sugar and vanilla until stiff.
- Spread whipped cream over crust. Sprinkle with crushed chocolate bars and drizzle with chocolate syrup. Cover and refrigerate for up to 2 hours. Cut into wedges.
473 calories, 36.1 g fat, 4.3 g protein, 35.5 g carbohydrate, 1.5 g fibre, 264 mg sodium