CHOCOLATE TRUFFLE SQUARES
This dessert is a chocolate lover’s dream. We top a chocolate cookie crust with a gooey coffee liqueur-spiked chocolate truffle filling.
Yield: Makes 25.
July 02, 2019
- 1 1/3 cups chocolate wafer crumbs
- 1/3 cup salted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 8 oz (224 g) semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/3 cup whipping cream
- 2 tbsp coffee liqueur
- 1/3 cup toasted sliced natural almonds, coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- To prepare crust, combine crumbs, melted butter and sugar in a bowl until blended. Press mixture into a greased 9 inch square baking pan.
- Bake at 350°F for 10 minutes. Cool crust completely in pan on a rack.
- To prepare truffle filling, combine chocolate and cream in a small saucepan. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth. Remove from heat; stir in liqueur. Pour truffle filling over crust. Sprinkle with almonds. Refrigerate until firm. Cut into squares.
- Store in an airtight container in refrigerator for up to 1 week. May be frozen for up to 1 month.
119 calories, 7.5 g fat, 1.1 g protein, 13.1 g carbohydrate, 0.9 g fibre, 56 mg sodium