CHORIZO SAUSAGE PATTIES
These aren’t your typical breakfast patties — spicy chorizo sausage and a blend of spices give them a nice kick. Serve them on their own or use them to make an over-the-top breakfast sandwich.
Yield: Makes 8.
July 02, 2019
- 1 lb (0.5 kg) lean ground pork
- 1 1/2 tsp fennel seed, ground
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp cold water
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Add all ingredients to an electric mixer bowl. Mix with the paddle attachment on low speed until blended. Alternatively, mix by hand in a large bowl until well-combined.
- Form sausage into 8 patties.
- Transfer patties to a foil-lined baking sheet. Cook until an internal temperature of 165°F is achieved, about 14 – 16 minutes.
308 Calories, 13.9 g fat, 39.4 g protein, 4.8 g carbohydrate, 0.9 g fibre, 318 mg sodium