CHUTNEY GLAZED COD
This Indian-inspired barbecued fish is glazed with store bought chutney doctored with additional spices. Serve over rice with a side salad or grilled vegetables.
Yield: Serves 4.
July 02, 2019
- 1/3 cup mango chutney
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 1 tbsp grated fresh ginger
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 1/2 lb (0.75 kg) cod fillets
- Preheat natural gas barbecue on medium heat for 10 to 15 minutes. Meanwhile, using a hand blender, purée all ingredients except cod until smooth.
- Place each cod fillet on a piece of heavy-duty foil. Trim each piece of foil so it is slightly larger than fillet.
- Spread chutney mixture over cod.
- With lid down, cook cod over medium heat on natural gas barbecue for 10 - 12 minutes per inch of thickness or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
235 calories, 8.1 g fat, 29.3 g protein, 10.2 g carbohydrate, 1.1 g fibre, 620 mg sodium