CINNAMON BUN BARS
Get the flavour of cinnamon buns in an easy dessert bar. We put a swirl of cinnamon in the middle of the blondie-like batter and top the pan with our sweet Cinnamon Glaze after baking.
Yield: Makes 36.
July 02, 2019
- 2 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup salted butter, softened
- 1 cup packed golden brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- Cinnamon Glaze
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl; set aside.
- Using medium speed of an electric mixer, beat together butter, brown sugar and 3/4 cup sugar until fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla until blended. Using low speed, gradually beat in flour mixture just until combined.
- Spoon half of batter into a greased 9x13 inch baking dish and spread evenly.
- Combine cinnamon and 1 tbsp sugar. Sprinkle over batter in pan.
- Spoon remaining batter on top of cinnamon mixture and spread gently to cover.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown and a cake tester inserted in centre comes out clean.
- Cool completely in pan on a rack.
- Drizzle Cinnamon Glaze over top of bar. Let stand until glaze is set.
- Cut into bars.
- Store, layered with wax paper, in an airtight container in a cool dry place for up to 3 days. May be frozen.
124 calories, 4.4 g fat, 1.4 g protein, 20.2 g carbohydrate, 0.4 g fibre, 84 mg sodium
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 2 tbsp milk (2%)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
Yield: Makes about 1 cup.
- Combine all ingredients until smooth.