Citrus Herb-Roasted Pork Shoulder
Pork is mild and meaty enough to carry fruit flavours fabulously. Citrus joins forces with crabapple and sour cherry to become the most surprising flavourings for this baked pork roast.
Yield: Serves 8
April 11, 2020
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme leaves or 1 tsp dried thyme, crumbled
- 2 tsp finely chopped garlic
- 1 tsp grated lemon peel
- 1 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 4 lb (2 kg) boneless pork shoulder roast
- 1 tsp salt
- Crabapple and Sour Cherry Chutney
- Combine oil, thyme, garlic, lemon peel and pepper in a bowl. Spread rub evenly over pork. Cover pork in an airtight container or seal in a heavy-duty zip-lock plastic bag and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Transfer pork to a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Season pork with salt. Bake for 30 minutes. Reduce heat to 325°F and cook until an internal temperature of 160°F is achieved, about 2 hours.
- Let pork rest for 10 – 15 minutes before slicing. Serve with Chutney.
438 calories, 27.4 g fat, 44.7 g protein, 0.5 g carbohydrate, 0.2 g fibre, 423 mg sodium
*Ingredient not included in nutritional analysis