CITRUS WHIPPED CREAM
Whipped cream is an excellent palate that can be dressed up with a variety of different flavours. This cream is flavoured with orange, cinnamon and nutmeg and sweetened with brown, rather than white, sugar. Serve it with pie or other desserts.
Yield: Makes 1 1/2 cup.
July 02, 2019
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 tbsp packed golden brown sugar
- 1 tbsp fresh orange juice
- 1/2 tsp grated orange peel
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- Pinch nutmeg
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- Combine sour cream, brown sugar, orange juice, orange peel, cinnamon and nutmeg in a bowl.
- Using medium speed of an electric mixer, beat cream until stiff.
- Fold in sour cream mixture.
26 calories, 2.3 g fat, 0.2 g protein, 1.2 g carbohydrate, 0 g fibre, 3 mg sodium