CLASSIC CHOCOLATE FONDUE
Whether it’s the end of a romantic dinner for two or a family party, there’s something special about gathering around a pot of chocolate fondue. This classic recipe is best served with cubes of pound cake or banana bread, fresh fruit, marshmallows and whatever else you have on hand to dunk into the chocolate.
Yield: Makes 2 cups
July 02, 2019
- 3/4 cup whipping cream
- 12 oz good quality semi-sweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 1 - 2 tbsp brandy or liqueur
- In a medium heavy saucepan, heat cream until very hot but not boiling.
- Add chocolate and let stand until softened, about 3 minutes.
- Add brandy and whisk until smooth.
- Transfer to a ceramic fondue pot and keep warm over a tea light candle. Serve immediately with an assortment of dipping ingredients.
144 Calories, 10.5 g fat, 1.1 g protein, 13.7 g carbohydrate, 1.2 g fibre, 7 mg sodium