- 1 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 2 cups jasmine rice
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups canned chicken broth
- 1 can (14 oz/398 mL) coconut milk
- 2 tbsp flaked coconut
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat , sauté red pepper, onion and garlic in oil for 2 minutes. Add rice, turmeric and salt; cook, stirring frequently, for 2 minutes.
- Stir in broth and coconut milk; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer 20 - 25 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Transfer rice to a serving dish and sprinkle with coconut.
Nutritional analysis per serving:
397 calories, 16.1 g fat, 6.9 g protein, 57 g carbohydrate, 2 g fibre, 243 mg sodium