CONFETTI HASH BROWNS
This hash brown dish gets its playful name from the colour of the bell peppers and paprika added to the mix. Serve it as part of a special brunch or even as a side dish at dinner.
Yield: Serves 8.
July 02, 2019
- 1/4 cup salted butter
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 2 lb (1 kg) frozen hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Melt butter in a frypan over medium heat. Add bell peppers and onions; sauté just until barely tender.
- Stir in pepper, salt and paprika. Stir in hash browns and Parmesan cheese.
- Spoon mixture into a greased shallow 3 quart (3 L) baking dish. May be prepared to this point and refrigerated for up to 24 hours. Remove from refrigerator and let stand for 20 - 30 minutes.
- Bake at 350°F until heated through, about 45 minutes.
181 calories, 8 g fat, 4.8 g protein, 24.7 g carbohydrate, 3.1 g fibre, 338 mg sodium