Eyeball Cookie Pizzas
We turned this popular peanut butter cookie into one big cookie pizza so that your kids can have fun decorating it as giant eyeballs for Halloween.
Storage Time: Up to 3 days on the shelf.
Yield: Makes 16 wedges
October 12, 2021
- 1/2 cup salted butter, softened
- 1/3 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp golden brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup marshmallow cream, divided
- Decorator icing, blue or green and red*
- 2 tbsp chocolate syrup
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Using medium speed of an electric mixer, beat together butter, peanut butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla until fluffy. Stir in flour until well blended.
- Divide and shape dough into two balls. Place balls on parchment paper-lined cookie sheets. Flatten each ball into a thin 6 inch disk.
- Bake for 10 minutes, until cookies just begin to set. Remove from oven and place 1/2 cup of marshmallow cream on top of each. Return to oven for 1-2 minutes to soften cream. Remove from oven and gently spread cream to cover cookies; return to oven to caramelize marshmallow cream, about 1-2 minutes.
- Allow cookies to cool completely on cookie sheet. Using blue or green decorator frosting, create a 1 inch ring in middle of each. Fill center of rings with chocolate sauce. Using red icing in a piping bag, create blood veins around eyes.
- To serve, cut each eyeball into 8 wedges.
203 calories, 8.7 g fat, 3.5 g protein, 28.4g carbohydrate, 0.9g fibre, 78mg sodium
* Ingredient not included in nutrient analysis
Want to make this the rest of the year? Skip the frosting and drizzle with chocolate syrup before cutting into wedges.