COOL BLENDER BORSCHT
This bright red soup is served cold, making it the perfect first course for a summer dinner. Cook the beets and potatoes in advance and then whizz everything together in the blender.
Yield: Serves 8.
July 02, 2019
- 2 cups diced cooked beets, cooled
- 2 cups cubed peeled potatoes, cooked and cooled
- 2 cups sour cream
- 2 cups canned chicken broth
- 2/3 cup sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh dill
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 2 cups ice cubes
- Combine all ingredients except ice cubes in a large bowl.
- Spoon half of beet mixture into a blender; add half of ice cubes.
- Purée until smooth. Transfer mixture to a bowl.
- Repeat with remaining beet mixture and ice cubes. Serve immediately or refrigerate for up to 24 hours. Stir before serving.
172 calories, 11.5 g fat, 3.3 g protein, 15.1 g carbohydrate, 1.8 g fibre, 628 mg sodium