Break out your mini muffin pan to make these cheesy individual-size cornbreads. Serve them with barbecued meats or your favourite Tex-Mex meal.
Yield: Makes 24.
July 02, 2019
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 1 can (10 oz/284 mL) cream-style corn
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup light sour cream
- 1/8 tsp hot pepper sauce
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Combine flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder and salt in a bowl. Stir in cheese and green onion.
- Whisk together corn, egg, sour cream and hot pepper sauce.
- Add corn mixture to flour mixture and stir just until combined.
- Spoon batter into greased mini muffin cups.
- Bake at 375°F until a cake tester inserted in centres come out clean, about 13 - 15 minutes. Cool cornbread minis in pans for 2 minutes. Remove from pans and cool on racks.
54 calories, 1.5 g fat, 1.8 g protein, 8.6 g carbohydrate, 0.4 g fibre, 104 mg sodium