COUSCOUS WITH GRILLED CORN
This easy couscous side dish is a nice side dish alternative to rice or potatoes. Grilling the corn gives the salad some extra flavour.
Yield: Serves 4.
July 02, 2019
- 1 large cob corn, husked
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 tsp salted butter
- 1 3/4 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1 1/4 cups couscous
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- Preheat natural gas barbecue on medium heat.
- Place corn and garlic on a piece of foil. Dot with butter and wrap tightly.
- Cook over medium heat on natural gas barbecue for 20 minutes, turning frequently.
- Unwrap corn and garlic. Using a sharp knife, slice corn off cob.
- Finely chop garlic. Combine corn, garlic, broth, salt and pepper in a medium saucepan.
- Place saucepan on a side burner or directly on barbecue grid and bring mixture to a boil.
- Gradually stir in couscous. Remove from heat. Cover and let stand 5 - 10 minutes. Fluff with a fork; stir in onion and red pepper.
266 calories, 2.6 g fat, 9.3 g protein, 51.6 g carbohydrate, 4.1 g fibre, 392 mg sodium