COUSCOUS SALAD WITH OLIVES AND SPINACH
Couscous is a staple of Middle Eastern cooking and this salad pulls in other flavours from that region. Full of feta, grape tomatoes, spinach and green olives, this is a great salad to bring to potlucks or barbecues.
Yield: Serves 4.
July 02, 2019
- 1 1/4 cups canned chicken broth
- 1 cup couscous
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 1 cup halved grape tomatoes
- 2/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/3 cup sliced green olives
- 1/4 cup slivered fresh mint
- Bring broth to a boil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir in couscous. Remove from heat; cover and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Transfer couscous to a bowl and fluff with a fork. Cool to room temperature.
- Meanwhile, to prepare dressing, whisk together vinegar, oil, salt and pepper until blended. Add spinach, tomatoes, cheese, olives and mint to couscous.
- Add dressing and toss to combine. Serve immediately.
333 calories, 14.4 g fat, 11.2 g protein, 39.6 g carbohjydrate, 3.9 g fibre, 734 mg sodium