CRAB AND SPINACH QUICHE
Crab and spinach come together in this rich and cheesy quiche. This recipe makes two quiches, so it’s suitable for feeding a large brunch group.
Yield: Serves 12.
July 02, 2019
- 5 eggs
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cups light cream (10%)
- 2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 cans (120 g each) crabmeat, drained and rinsed
- 1 pkg (10 oz / 300 g) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 2 unbaked 9 inch pie shells
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Whisk together eggs, flour, mustard, salt, cayenne and nutmeg in a bowl.
- Whisk in cream until blended.
- Stir in Swiss cheese, Parmesan cheese, crabmeat and spinach. Spoon mixture into pie shells.
- Bake at 350°F until a knife inserted in centre comes out clean, about 50 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
387 calories, 25.3 g fat, 17 g protein, 23 g carbohydrate, 1.3 g fibre, 452 mg sodium