CRANBERRY APPLE MUFFINS
These muffins are a great way to use up leftover Thanksgiving or Christmas cranberry sauce. The sauce bakes right into these cinnamon apple muffins.
Yield: Makes 12 muffins.
July 02, 2019
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup milk (2%)
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup shredded peeled apple
- 1/2 tsp grated lemon peel
- 1/2 cup whole berry cranberry sauce
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Combine flour, sugar, cinnamon, soda, baking powder and salt.
- Whisk together egg, milk, oil and vanilla. Add to flour mixture, stirring just until blended. Fold in apple and lemon peel.
- Spoon batter into paper-lined muffin cups. Using back of a spoon, make a small indentation in centre of batter in each muffin cup.
- Spoon about 2 tsp cranberry sauce into each indentation.
- Bake at 375°F until a cake tester inserted in centre comes out clean, 20 - 25 minutes.
- Cool muffins in pan 5 minutes. Remove from pan and cool on a rack. Muffins may be frozen for up to 1 month.
175 calories, 6.6 g fat, 2.4 g protein, 26.1 g carbohydrate, 0.8 g fibre, 119 mg sodium