CREAM CHEESE MOUSSE WITH MINTED STRAWBERRIES
When it comes to desserts, cream cheese is about more than just an ingredient for cheesecake. This creamy no-bake summer dessert comes together in a snap and makes great use of fresh strawberries and mint.
Yield: Serves 4.
July 02, 2019
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup slivered fresh mint
- 2 cups sliced strawberries
- 8 oz (250 g) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tbsp icing sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- To prepare syrup, combine water and sugar in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Remove from heat; stir in mint, cover and let stand 10 minutes.
- Pour syrup through a fine sieve into a bowl; cool to room temperature. Stir in strawberries.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 20 minutes or up to 8 hours.
- To prepare mousse, beat cream cheese until fluffy using medium speed of an electric mixer. Beat in yogurt, sugar and vanilla. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- To serve, spoon strawberries in syrup over a dollop of mousse
310 calories, 20.3 g fat, 6.9 g protein, 26.9 g carbohydrate, 1.9 g fibre, 221 mg sodium