Simple scones perfect for any brunch. Pair with your favourite jams and jellys or classic clotted cream.
Yield: 1 dozen scones
May 03, 2020
- 2 cups flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup butter, chilled and cubed
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Whipping cream
- Combine flour, 1/4 cup sugar, baking powder and salt in a bowl. Cut in butter with a pastry blender until mixture is crumbly.
- Whisk together 1/2 cup cream, egg and vanilla until blended.
- Add cream mixture to flour mixture, stirring just until combined. Dough will be soft. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead dough gently 5 times.
- Roll out dough 1/2 inch thick. Using a 2 1/2 inch cookie cutter, cut dough into rounds.
- Place on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Brush with additional cream and sprinkle with additional sugar.
- Bake at 425ºF for 15 minutes or until lightly browned.