CREAMY BROCCOLI SALAD
This salad combines broccoli florets with grapes and slivered almonds. All of those hardy ingredients stand up wonderfully to our creamy mayonnaise, yogurt and orange juice dressing.
Yield: Serves 4.
July 02, 2019
- 5 cups broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 tbsp malt vinegar
- 1 tsp celery seed
- 1/2 tsp celery salt
- 1 cup halved seedless red grapes
- 1/2 cup crumbled cooked bacon
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- Cook broccoli in boiling salted water for 2 minutes; drain. Cool immediately in ice water; drain. Pat broccoli dry with paper towels.
- To prepare dressing, whisk together yogurt, mayonnaise, orange juice, vinegar, celery seed and celery salt until blended.
- Combine broccoli, grapes, bacon, almonds and onion in a bowl. Add dressing and toss to combine.
321 calories, 22.5 g fat, 10.8 g protein, 23.1 g carbohydrate, 5.3 g fibre, 270 mg sodium