CRISPY ONION DIP
Canned French fried onions can really change the texture and taste of a dip. Try them with this creamy cheese dip, which spreads well on crackers or baguette slices.
Yield: Makes 2 cups.
July 02, 2019
- 8 oz (250 g) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup light sour cream
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 can (79 g) french-fried onions
- Using medium speed of an electric mixer, beat together cream cheese, sour cream, parsley, salt and cayenne pepper until blended.
- Reserve 1 tbsp french-fried onions for topping. Stir remaining french-fried onions into cream cheese mixture until combined.
- Transfer to a serving dish. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or up to 24 hours. Top with reserved french-fried onions. Serve with crackers or baguette slices
91 calories, 8.2 g fat, 1.3 g protein, 3.2 g carbohydrate, 0.1 g fibre, 137 mg sodium