CRUNCHY BROCCOLI SLAW
Whereas traditional coleslaw is made of shredded cabbage, broccoli slaw is comprised of shredded raw broccoli stalks. It can be time consuming to do all that shredding yourself, so we like using a package of store-bought slaw. Finish it with a mayo and yogurt dressing and, sliced water chestnuts for extra crunch.
Yield: Serves 4.
July 02, 2019
- 1/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp dry mustard
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 5 cups broccoli coleslaw mix
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 can (8 oz/227 mL) sliced water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- To prepare dressing, whisk together mayonnaise, yogurt, vinegar, sugar, mustard, salt and pepper until blended.
- Combine broccoli coleslaw mix, onion, water chestnuts and bacon in a bowl.
- Add dressing and toss to combine.
165 calories, 8.3 g fat, 6 g protein, 17.8 g carbohydrate, 3.3 g fibre, 632 mg sodium