CRUNCHY TURKEY PITAS
Give your turkey salad sandwich some crunch with the addition of diced apples, celery and crisp lettuce. We like serving these sandwiches in pita pockets to let the flavour and texture of the filling shine through.
Yield: Makes 6.
July 02, 2019
- 2 cups chopped cooked turkey
- 1 cup diced apple
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 6 lettuce leaves
- 3 pita bread (6 inch), halved
- Combine turkey, apple, celery, raisins and mayonnaise.
- Place one lettuce leaf in each pita bread half. Fill each with turkey mixture.
- Serve immediately or wrap and refrigerate for up to 4 hours.
249 calories, 10.8 g fat, 10.3 g protein, 28.3 g carbohydrate, 1.8 g fibre, 639 mg sodium