CUCUMBER AND SNOW PEA SALAD
Cucumber, fresh mint and snow peas come together beautifully in this crisp and refreshing salad. A little bit of chopped jalapeno lends just a hint of heat.
Yield: Serves 4.
July 02, 2019
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh mint
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 cups thinly sliced seeded English cucumber
- 2/3 cup diagonally sliced snow peas
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 tsp finely chopped seeded jalapeno pepper
- To prepare dressing, whisk together vinegar, sugar, mint and salt until sugar dissolves.
- Combine cucumber, snow peas, onion and jalapeno pepper in a bowl.
- Add dressing and toss to combine. Serve immediately.
51 calories, 0.1 g fat, 1.1 g protein, 12.1 g carbohydrate, 1 g fibre, 149 mg sodium
Hot peppers cause severe skin and eye irritation. Wear disposable gloves when handling hot peppers and avoid touching any exposed skin.