This bright yellow coconut curry dish is both attractive and delicious. Serve it over rice or with a warm piece of naan bread.
Yield: Serves 3.
July 02, 2019
- 1 pkg (340 g) frozen raw shrimp, thawed
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tbsp grated fresh ginger
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 can (14 oz/398 mL) coconut milk
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Peel and devein shrimp, leaving tails intact. Pat dry with paper towels; set aside.
- Heat oil in a frypan over medium heat. Add onion and sauté for 3 - 4 minutes.
- Stir in ginger and curry powder; sauté for 1 minute.
- Stir in coconut milk. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add shrimp and cook until shrimp are pink, about 3 - 4 minutes. Do not overcook. Stir in cilantro and salt. Serve immediately.
Nutritional analysis per serving:
384 calories, 31.8 g fat, 18.7 g protein, 9.9 g carbohydrate, 1.9 g fibre, 854 mg sodium