DOUBLE CHOCOLATE CHERRY COOKIES
Chocolate and dried cherries are a terrific match. Keep some of these cookies on hand as a weeknight dessert or a special lunchbox treat.
Yield: Makes 4 1/2 dozen.
July 02, 2019
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, sifted
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 cup salted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped dried cherries
- Combine flour, cocoa powder and baking soda in a bowl; set aside.
- Using medium speed of an electric mixer, beat butter until creamy. Add sugar and brown sugar; beat until fluffy. Using low speed, beat in egg and vanilla until blended. Gradually beat in flour mixture just until combined. Stir in dark chocolate chips, white chocolate chips and cherries. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes or until firm enough to handle.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350°F.
- Shape dough into 1 inch balls. Place balls 2 inches apart on parchment paper-lined cookie sheets. Bake for 12 minutes or until edges of cookies are set. Let cookies stand for 5 minutes on cookie sheets. Remove from cookie sheets and cool on racks. Store in an airtight container in a cool dry place for up to 1 week. May be frozen for up to 2 months.
93 calories, 5 g fat, 1.1 g protein, 11.6 g carbohydrate, 0.8 g fibre, 39 mg sodium