These chewy peanut butter and chocolate treats taste like a homemade chocolate bar.
Yield: Makes 36.
July 02, 2019
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) honey
- 1 cup (250 mL) peanut butter
- 10 marshmallows
- 1 cup (250 mL) chocolate chips
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla
- 1 cup (250 mL) chopped peanuts
- 3 cups (750 mL) crisp rice cereal
- In a heavy saucepan, melt honey and peanut butter over medium heat. Add marshmallows and chocolate chips, stirring until smooth. Stir in vanilla. Add peanuts and cereal and mix until combined. Press mixture into a lightly greased 9x13 inch (23x33 cm) pan. Cover and chill until firm before cutting.
Nutritional analysis per 1 square serving:
171 calories, 9.7 g fat, 4 g protein, 20.2 g carbohydrate, 1.4 g fibre, 22 mg sodium