Energy Snack Bites
Need an extra boost? Try our Energy Snack bites! These little balls are packed full of ingredients to keep you fueled and energized throughout your day.
Yield: Makes about 2½ dozen.
November 08, 2019
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped pitted dates
- 3/4 cup canned chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 1/4 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 3/4 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
Yield: Makes about 2 1/2 dozen.
- Process dates in a food processor until finely chopped. Add chickpeas and process until finely chopped. Add oats, peanut butter, chocolate chips and maple syrup; process until almost smooth.
- Drop 1 tbsp measures of dough onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Refrigerate until firm enough to handle, about 10 – 15 minutes. Shape into balls.
- Place coconut in a small bowl. Roll balls in coconut until coated. Store, layered with parchment paper, in an airtight container in refrigerator for up to 1 week. May be frozen.
94 calories, 5.1 g fat, 2.4 g protein, 11.1 g carbohydrate, 1.4 g fibre, 39 mg sodium