Chili is the ultimate wintertime comfort food. This ground beef version is quick and easy enough for weeknight dinners.
Yield: Serves 4.
July 02, 2019
- 1 lb (0.5 kg) lean ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped, optional
- 1 can (19 oz/540 mL) diced tomatoes
- 1 can (14 oz/398 mL) red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tbsp vinegar
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
- In a large frypan, brown beef. Drain off excess fat.
- Add onion, green pepper and garlic; sauté until vegetables are tender, about 7 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients (tomatoes through pepper). Bring to a boil; reduce heat, cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 1 hour.
Nutritional analysis per serving:
403 calories, 17.6 g fat, 33.2 g protein, 29.3 g carbohydrate, 9.5 g fibre, 1041 mg sodium