This healthy granola is a mix of rolled oats, dried fruit, nuts, flaxseed and other wholesome goodies. Serve it for breakfast with milk or dry as a nutritious snack.
Yield: Makes 10 cups.
July 02, 2019
- 5 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup ground flaxseed
- 1/2 cup wheat germ
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped almonds
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup liquid honey
- 1/4 cup packed golden brown sugar
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 325ºF.
- Combine oats, flaxseed, wheat germ, almonds, walnuts, pumpkin seeds and coconut in a large bowl; set aside.
- Place oil, honey, brown sugar, cinnamon and ginger in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring frequently. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- Pour oil mixture over oats mixture and stir until coated.
- Spread mixture in a greased large rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake, stirring once, for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool completely in pan on a rack.
- Store in an airtight container in refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. May be frozen.
133 calories, 7.6 g fat, 3.4 g protein, 14.2 g carbohydrate, 2.5 g fibre, 3 mg sodium