FESTIVE BRUSSELS SPROUTS
Give your Brussels sprouts the royal treatment at your next holiday or special occasion dinner. These sprouts are gussied up with carrots, parsley, brown sugar and toasted pecans.
Yield: Serves 6.
July 02, 2019
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 1/2 cups julienned carrots
- 3 cups quartered Brussels sprouts
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tbsp chopped toasted pecans
- 1 tsp firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
- Melt butter in a frypan over medium heat. Add carrots and sauté 4 minutes.
- Add Brussels sprouts and sauté 4 minutes or until vegetables are tender crisp.
- Stir in remaining ingredients (parsley through pepper) and cook just until sugar dissolves. Serve immediately.
75 calories, 3.9 g fat, 2.7 g protein, 9.5 g carbohydrate, 3.5 g fibre, 146 mg sodium