FIESTA ROLL UPS
These tortilla roll-ups are filled with cream cheese, ranch dressing, olives and red pepper. Serve them as an appetizer or at teatime along with scones and finger sandwiches.
Yield: Makes 4 dozen.
July 02, 2019
- 16 oz (500 g) cream cheese, softened
- 1 envelope ranch dressing mix
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- 1/3 cup chopped ripe olives
- 1/4 cup chopped canned roasted red peppers, well drained
- 1 small can (127 g) diced green chilies, drained
- 6 burrito-style flour tortillas (10 inch/25 cm)
- Using medium speed of an electric mixer, beat together cream cheese and dressing mix until fluffy. Add onions, olives, roasted peppers and chilies; stir until blended. Spread mixture evenly over one side of each tortilla, leaving a 1/2 inch border. Tightly roll up each tortilla jelly-roll fashion. Wrap rolls individually in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or up to 24 hours. Rolls may also be frozen for up to 1 month. Thaw in refrigerator.
- To serve, trim ends off each roll. Cut each roll into 8 pieces.
64 calories, 4.1 g fat, 1.3 g protein, 5.4 g carbohydrate, 0.4 g fibre, 225 mg sodium