FIESTA SALAD WITH ROASTED CORN
This Southwest-style salad is packed with roasted corn, shredded chicken, black beans and feta. Top it with sour cream, salsa and broken tortilla chips and serve as a light dinner or lunch entrée.
Yield: Serves 6.
July 02, 2019
- 2 cups fresh or frozen kernel corn
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp canola oil
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 1/2 tsp liquid honey
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 16 cups torn mixed greens
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 can (14 oz/398 mL) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup crumbled queso fresco or crumbled feta cheese
- 1 cup julienned yellow bell pepper
- 2 Roma tomatoes, cored, seeded and julienned
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Combine corn, 2 tsp chili powder and 1 tsp oil in a bowl; toss to coat. Place corn in a single layer in a greased large rimmed baking sheet. Bake until corn is tender and lightly browned, about 15 - 17 minutes. Cool in pan on a rack.
- To prepare dressing, whisk together lime juice, vinegar, 1 1/2 tsp chili powder, honey and salt until combined. Gradually whisk in 1/3 cup oil until blended. Combine corn, greens, chicken, beans, queso fresco, yellow pepper and tomatoes in a large bowl. Add dressing and toss to coat. Serve immediately.
390 calories, 21.1 g fat, 25.5 g protein, 28.2 g carbohydrate, 8.2 g fibre, 519 mg sodium