FIRE ROASTED PEPPER BRUSCHETTA
You can fire roast peppers directly on the heat of your barbecue. This method draws out the flavour of the pepper and gets rid of the tough peel. Let that fire roasted flavour shine with this savoury toast-topper.
Yield: Serves 6.
July 02, 2019
- 2 red bell peppers
- 2 yellow bell peppers
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 loaf Calabrese or French bread, sliced 1/2 inch thick
- Fresh Parmesan cheese*
- Preheat natural gas barbecue to medium heat for 10 - 15 minutes.
- Place whole bell peppers directly on grid. Grill peppers, turning occasionally until blackened on all sides, about 15 - 20 minutes. Place hot peppers in a bowl; cover with plastic wrap. Allow peppers to steam for 5 - 10 minutes. Peel peppers under cold running water. Remove stems and cut peppers in half. Remove seeds and ribs.
- Coarsely chop peppers and combine with vinegar, oil, salt, pepper and garlic. Toast bread over medium heat on natural gas barbecue until golden brown on both sides. Spread pepper mixture evenly over toasted bread. Using a vegetable peeler, shave several thin slices of Parmesan cheese onto each bruschetta
284 calories, 4 g fat, 10.5 g protein, 52.4 g carbohydrate, 3.8 g fibre, 503 mg sodium
*Ingredient not included in nutritional analysis.