Fire-Roasted Tomato Yogurt Dip
Charred tomatoes add smokiness and sweetness to this decadent dip. Serve with flatbread or pita chips.
Yield: Makes 1 3/4 cups
June 11, 2021
- 1/2 tsp salt, divided
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/8 tsp cumin
- 4 Roma tomatoes, quartered and seeded
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh chives
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp chopped fresh dill or 1/2 tsp dried dill, crumbled
- Preheat natural gas barbecue on high heat for 10 – 15 minutes.
- Combine 1/4 tsp salt, chili powder, cayenne pepper and cumin in a small bowl. Season tomatoes with spice mixture.
- Place tomatoes, cut side down, on barbecue grid. Grill until browned, about 4 minutes per side. Remove from heat and set aside.
- When cool enough to handle, finely chop tomatoes and mash with a fork.
- Combine mashed tomatoes, yogurt, chives, garlic, dill and remaining 1/4 tsp salt in a medium bowl. Stir to combine. Refrigerate until serving. Serve with flatbread.
16 calories, 0.4 g fat, 1.8 g protein, 1.5 g carbohydrate, 0.2 g fibre, 91 mg sodium
*Ingredient not included in nutritional analysis.