FRUIT SALAD WITH LIME CILANTRO DRESSING
The fresh taste of cilantro works really well with sweet and juicy fruit. This colourful salad makes a great side dish at a sit-down brunch.
Yield: Serves 8.
July 02, 2019
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) fresh lime juice
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) orange juice
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) honey
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 cups (750 mL) grapefruit segments
- 1 can (14 oz/398 mL) pineapple chunks, drained
- 2 large navel oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 2 kiwi fruit, peeled and sliced
- Fresh cilantro leaves
- Grated lime peel
- To prepare dressing, whisk together lime juice, orange juice, honey and 2 tbsp (25 mL) cilantro until combined. Combine grapefruit, pineapple, oranges and kiwi in a heavy zip-lock plastic bag. Pour dressing over fruit mixture and squeeze bag gently to coat fruit mixture with dressing. Seal bag and place on a plate. Refrigerate, turning bag occasionally, for at least 1 hour or up to 4 hours. Drain fruit mixture and transfer to a serving dish. Sprinkle with cilantro leaves and lime peel.
101 calories, 0.3 g fat, 1.4 g protein, 25.9 g carbohydrate, 2.2. g fibre, 6 mg sodium
*Ingredient not included in nutritional analysis.