GARDEN VEGETABLE BURGERS
Making your own veggie burgers is easy to do! These healthy patties are full of fresh vegetables and tasty spices. You could top them with ketchup, but we prefer a dollop of our homemade Peanut Sauce.
Yield: Serves 6.
July 02, 2019
- 4 cups finely diced stale multigrain bread
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 3/4 cup shredded carrot
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 3 eggs
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tspsesame oil
- 1 tsp lemon pepper
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Hamburger buns
- Peanut Sauce
- Combine bread, onion, pepper, celery, carrot and zucchini in a large bowl. Whisk together eggs, soy sauce, sesame oil, lemon pepper, ginger and salt and stir into vegetable mixture until moistened.
- Pat mixture firmly into 12 patties. Cook on a lightly greased griddle over medium heat on natural gas barbecue until brown on both sides. Turn patties carefully.
- Serve immediately on buns with Peanut Sauce.
140 calories, 11.3 g fat, 2.6 g protein, 8.7 g carbohydrate, 2.3 g fibre, 131 mg sodium
*Ingredient not included in Nutritional Analysis