- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh ginger
- 1 tsp flour
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 lb (0.5 kg) sirloin steak, thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro, optional
- Place ginger in a small bowl and cover with hot water; let stand for 5 minutes. Drain ginger and thoroughly pat dry with paper towels.
- Toss ginger with flour. Heat oil in a wok or large frypan over medium heat. Add ginger and stir-fry until golden. Remove ginger with a slotted spoon; set aside.
- Add beef to wok and stir-fry until browned, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and stir-fry for 1 minute. Stir in ginger, soy sauce, hoisin sauce, sugar and red pepper flakes. Stir-fry for 1 minute. Stir in cilantro. Serve immediately.
Nutritional analysis per serving:
388 Calories, 24.5 g fat, 35 g protein, 5.1 g carbohydrate, 0.4 g fibre, 589 mg sodium