GINGER LIME GRILLED SHRIMP
These barbecued shrimp skewers are marinated in an Asian-inspired ginger lime sauce. Serve them over rice as an entrée or as an appetizer with your favourite dipping sauce.
Yield: Serves 4.
July 02, 2019
- Bamboo skewers
- 1 lb (500 g) frozen raw shrimp, thawed
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onion
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 1 1/2 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 3/4 tsp grated lime peel
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- Soak bamboo skewers in hot water for 30 minutes.
- Peel and devein shrimp, leaving tails intact. Pat shrimp dry with paper towels.
- To prepare marinade, combine remaining ingredients in a heavy zip-lock plastic bag. Add shrimp and squeeze bag to coat shrimp with marinade; seal bag. Let stand for 30 minutes.
- Preheat natural gas barbecue on medium heat for 10 - 15 minutes.
- Remove shrimp from marinade; discard marinade. Thread shrimp onto soaked skewers. Grill shrimp skewers until shrimp are pink and opaque, about 3 minutes per side. Do not overcook.
170 calories, 8.3 g fat, 18.6 g protein, 4 g carbohydrate, 0.4 g fibre, 1259 mg sodium