GINGER LIME SALMON SALAD
Generous portions of grilled salmon turn this green salad into a light summer dinner entrée. The dressing is a fresh mix of lime juice, ginger and honey.
Yield: Serves 4.
July 02, 2019
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) honey
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 1 lb (0.5 kg) salmon fillet
- 8 cups (2 L) torn mixed greens
- 1 mango, peeled and sliced
- Combine lime juice, honey, ginger and salt. Set mixture aside, reserving 2 tbsp (25 mL) of dressing for basting salmon. Place salmon, skin side down, on a piece of foil. Trim foil so it is slightly larger than fillet. Baste salmon with reserved dressing. Cook salmon, with lid down, over medium heat on natural gas barbecue for 10 - 12 minutes per inch (2.5 cm) of thickness or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Cool slightly. Combine greens and mango. Remove skin from salmon; break salmon into chunks. Add salmon to salad and toss with remaining dressing. Serve immediately.
164 calories, 2.3 g fat, 5 g protein, 35 g carbohydrate, 3.7 g fibre, 335 mg sodium