GREEK LEMON POTATOES
The roasted lemony potatoes are the best part of going to a Greek restaurant. Luckily, this delicious side dish is easy to put together at home. Serve them with souvlaki, our Greek Lamb Chops or another Greek-style entrée.
Yield: Serves 8.
July 02, 2019
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp oregano, crumbled
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 10 cups Yukon Gold potato chunks (2 inch)
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Grease a large rimmed baking sheet or line with nonstick foil.
- To prepare vinaigrette, whisk together lemon juice, oregano, parsley, garlic, salt and pepper until combined. Gradually whisk in oil until blended. Reserve 1/4 cup vinaigrette to toss with cooked potatoes. Add remaining vinaigrette to raw potatoes and toss to combine. Place potato mixture in a single layer in prepared pan.
- Bake, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are tender and lightly browned, about 1 1/4 - 1 1/2 hours. Transfer to a serving dish and toss with reserved vinaigrette. Serve immediately.
314 calories, 20.5 g fat, 3.3 g protein, 31 g carbohydrate, 4.8 g fibre, 178 mg sodium