- 3 medium tomatoes, cut into chunks
- 1 English cucumber, cut into chunks
- 1 large sweet onion, cubed
- 1 cup sliced green bell pepper
- 1 cup kalamata olives
- 1 1/3 cups shredded feta cheese
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh oregano or 1 tsp dried oregano, crumbled
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 tsp sugar
- Combine tomatoes, cucumber, onion, green pepper, olives and feta cheese in a serving bowl.
- To prepare dressing, whisk together oil, vinegar, oregano, salt, pepper and sugar.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss to coat.
Nutritional analysis per serving: 349 calories, 31 g fat, 6.2 g protein, 10.1 g carbohydrate, 2.3 g fibre, 848 mg sodium
Tip: Maui, Mayan Sweets, Texas 1015, Vidalia and Walla Walla onions are sweet varieties of onions.