Tzatziki is a yogurt and cucumber-based condiment, typically used in Greek cuisine. Spread it on a wrap sandwich or use it as a dip with meat skewers or pita chips.
Yield: Makes 1 1/3 cups.
July 02, 2019
- 1 English cucumber, peeled and cubed
- 1 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tsp grated onion
- 1/2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1/8 tsp hot pepper sauce
- Place cucumber in a colander; sprinkle with 1 tsp salt. Let stand 10 minutes. Rinse with cold water; drain on paper towels.
- Purée cucumber in a blender or food processor. Place purée in a sieve; let drain 5 minutes.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a bowl. Stir in cucumber purée. Refrigerate, covered, for at least 4 hours or for up to 24 hours. Do not freeze. Serve with donairs, souvlaki, crackers or fresh vegetables.
38 calories, 2.6 g fat, 2.1 g protein, 1.6 g carbohydrate, 0.1 g fibre, 248 mg sodium