GREEN BEAN SALAD WITH RASPBERRY VINAIGRETTE
This cold green bean side dish is dressed with a sweet raspberry vinaigrette and topped with crunchy pine nuts.
Yield: Serves 4.
July 02, 2019
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp raspberry vinegar
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp whole grain mustard
- 1/2 tsp dry mustard
- Dash salt
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 4 cups cut green beans (2 inch)
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- To prepare raspberry vinaigrette, whisk together oil, vinegar, honey, mustard, dry mustard, salt and garlic until blended; set aside.
- Cook beans in boiling salted water for 1 1/2 minutes; drain. Cool immediately in ice water; drain.
- Combine beans, red pepper and green onions in a bowl. Remove and discard garlic from raspberry vinaigrette. Stir raspberry vinaigrette and pour over bean mixture; toss to combine. Sprinkle with pine nuts.
196 calories, 16 g fat, 3.6 g protein, 12.5 g carbohydrte, 4.1 g fibre, 81 mg sodium
To bruise garlic, peel clove and flatten it with a glass or the side of a knife blade.